Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just the Biggest Life Changing Event...No Big Deal!

Teagan Spencer Randle joined our family August 3, 2010. He weighed in at 7 lbs 12 oz and 20.5 in long. He wasn't too happy to come into the world, but we knew his lungs were working becuase he cried as soon as he came out and the whole time they were cleaning him. He was anxious to see what he had been missing. He came out wide eyed looking around and taking everything in.

The Birth Story:
We headed up to my parents cabin Monday, August 2nd with my entire family since they were all in town. I had been feeling a little off that day, but nothing too unusual. We were cleaning up, getting ready to take off and I was putting my niece in her carseat and I hear a pop and then a sudden urge to go to the bathroom. I stood up to rush to the bathroom thinking it was odd that I had to go because I had literally just gone. When I stood up to go a rush of fluid came out and I thought, "Did I really just pee my pants? No, I just went and pretty sure I don't have that much pee." I looked at Spencer and said I think my water just broke. I walked in the kitchen where all my sisters and mom were and one look and my sister said, "We're having a baby!" Of course I started crying. Before we left the cabin, Spencer gave me a sweet and tender Priesthood blessing, which I will always remember! The ride down the canyon was intense and not much was said. I think both Spencer and I were in shock!

My water broke at 10:30pm.

We went straight to American Fork Hospital. Me being the procrastinator that I am, I didn't have a hospital bag packed or anything, but my sweet sister, Lisa went to my house and brought me everything I needed.

When I got settled they checked me and I was only dilated to a 1. They said they would wait 2 hours and start me on pitocin. I got my epidural and they started me on pitocin shortly after. I was able to sleep for 4 hours during the night, which wasn't a very restful sleep. They came and checked me at 7:00am and I was only at a 3. When they came back at 10:00am to check me again I was dilated to a 10. I pushed a few times for the nurses and they called the doc in. I seriously only pushed for 20 minutes and he was here. It was a crazy experience, but I couldn't have asked for a better labor and delivery.

He was born at 10:35am.

There are still days that I can't believe that I am a mom. But I can't complain because he is such a good baby. He sleeps about 3-4 hours at a time during the night and he is a pretty good napper during the day.
I can't leave out the cute motorcycle pictures that we took! We found a really cute black motorcycle shirt and since Spencer is huge into motorcycles we had to get a picture of him on the one. We love Teagan so much and we are so grateful to have his sweet spirit in our home!



8 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

Congratulations!! He is so cute. Glad everything went well. You look fantastic.

Sarah said...

Ah man! We love you little Teagan! So glad we were able to share in the special day!

Debbie 'n Gary Talbot said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable and you look beautiful! i love your hair :)

Krisling said...

Stephanie, he is so stinkin' cute. I hope we can get together sometime and eat some chocolate for old times sake :)

Brie said...

Congrats. He is adorable. Welcome to motherhood and the most wonderful thing you'll ever do!

Journey of the Davies said...

You guys sure have a handsome looking little boy. I can't wait to meet him. I am glad you had a great delivery.

Go Go Gomez said...

He is seriously adorable! Congratulations you guys! I knew your kids would be gorgeous...you both are :)

The Wiseman Life said...

What a cutie...congrats Steph!