Sunday, June 6, 2010

HAWAII...{babymoon and anniversary celebration}

We headed to the great island of Oahu, Hawaii at the beginning of May with our good friends, Mike and Paige, for a little getaway. It was the last big vacation before the baby comes and it was also to celebrate our 2nd anniversary, which was on May 3.

We had a great time and wish we could have stayed longer, but I think that is how all vacations are. It was so fun to go with Mike and Paige. Paige is also pregnant and is due about three weeks before I am. Paige and I had a great time laying on the beach, talking about being pregnant and becoming parents.

Most of the time that we were there consisted of laying on the beach up at North Shore, eating great food, and swimming in the ocean.

We definitely got our sugar intake. We stopped at the Dole Plantation twice and the shave ice place twice. Each time was delicious!

We kayaked to a little island, which I believe was a bird preservation. We had a two man kayak and kayaked about 30 minutes in the wide open ocean. It was a lot of fun. To be honest, I did most of the paddling, my slacker of a husband made his pregnant wife do all the work....nah, he did most of the work and let me take little breaks when I needed to! Once there, we had Subway sandwiches that we brought with us and Mike and Spencer hiked around the island.

We ate at a place called the Shore Bird. It is such a fun atmosphere and great food. It is right on the beach and you get to grill your own meat. Spencer and I have been there before with my family and it was just as good the second time around.

Blogging about this trip makes me wish I was back in Hawaii! I do love having the sand between my toes and having no worries. Maybe I should start planning our next vacation. It might not happen for a few years, but can dream.

{Our baby boy should be arriving in about 9 weeks. I have so much to do in that short time}

0 comments: